This subject is offered to all Form 4 and Form 5 students. It aims to provide them with the knowledge, skills and values from several designated learning areas. It will also prepare them for the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) examination.
THE CURRICULUM SPECIFICATIONS
Suggested activities are incorporated as part of the teaching- learning strategy. It should be borne in mind that teachers are also encouraged and expected to employ other effective strategies in line with the needs of the target group.
What is it?
The Curriculum Specifications is a document that contains detailed explanations of the basic information required within the subject curriculum. It is designed as a teaching guide to help the teacher interpret and implement the Information and Communication
Technology (ICT) syllabus in the classroom.
Who is it for?
This document is intended for ICT teachers teaching the ICT subject at the Upper Secondary Level (Form 4 and Form 5) of the Kurikulum Bersepadu Sekolah Menengah (KBSM).
The six learning areas are as follows:
3.Computer Networks and Communications
The curriculum emphasizes the integration of knowledge, skills and values.
The knowledge to be acquired in the ICT curriculum consists
of concepts and facts about ICT as well as ICT terminology. It includes procedures in managing computer systems, sequential processes in developing products, and programming commands and syntax. It also integrates discussions on current issues related to ICT and their implications for the future.
The skills involved are communication skills, information management skills, managing computer systems and problem-solving skills.The details of each skill are as follows :
- Communication skills refer to the process of gaining and disseminating information verbally or non-verbally. These involve:
- Information sharing and dissemination
- Production through various means including graphic presentation, sketching and proto-typing using information technology
- Identifying, elaborating on and interpreting various points of view
- Exploiting, accessing and processing technologies with confidence and competence
- Ensuring security of information distribution
Information Management Skills
Information Management Skills provide opportunities to develop information by:
- maintaining the integration of information
- using various inquiry techniques
- identifying, searching, collecting, saving, accessing and processing information
- Presenting information clearly, logically,
- accurately and precisely
Managing Computer Systems
This involves the use of computer hardware and software for communications and problem-solving, including the ability to identify, assemble, arrange and maintain the computer systems.
Problem-solving skills provide opportunities for students to apply ways and strategies to real-life problems. These skills emphasize the following:
- Logic and programming
- Critical, creative, reflective and mantic thinking
- Imaginative, initiative and flexibility
- Identification, description, and re-interpretation of problems and analysis from various perspective
- Investigation, exploration and generation of ideas
- Problem-testing and solutions
- Making decisions based on experience and sound rationale
- Process and product evaluation
The values in the ICT syllabus are diligence, accuracy, precision, confidence, responsibility, integrity, respect, cooperation, appreciation, courtesy and abiding by the ICT Code of Ethics.
Students’ Basic Requirement
1. Students must have basic computer skills
2.Pass subject English and Mathematic at PMR result's.